Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ever ahead

Consumed
By this pain
It costs me
Everything I am
To stay
I want to run
Far far away
Sometimes I want to say
Fuck the future
All there is, is now
But then
I see all those past generations
Who themselves
Said the same
And now the present
Is fucked
For the foreseeable
Ever ahead
Anything I do
Will not interrupt
The motions of time
Set forward
All I do
Will only be
A ripple
On the surface
Of the pond
Into the whirlpool
I will be sucked
And entombed
This body will be
Exhumed
To see if the cause
Of death
Was a curse
But it is not
The decay begins
The moment of birth
The flesh begins to turn
Corrupt
From our first moments
From the womb
But I go on
Despite the present