Friday, October 20, 2023

Dust and broken dreams

When I die is already known
I've nothing to do with the details
Nothing will remain but my bones
And the dust and broken dreams
I smile with no teeth, only pain
I smiled without light, insane
The future doesn't matter for me
As my crystal future shatters
Time to rise up and fly away
Time to enter the dark space
I've ink as thick as white Chablis
And I'll always remember
The hard realities
Don't resist the urge to surrender
There is nothing without peace
No such thing as lying or deceit
Wait for me, I can't breathe
I can't breathe, let me go
Where the rain falls softly
And the angelic voices echo
I see my way out
They will all rise, with a shout
The graves will be empty
And justice has its way
Leaving nothing in its wake
Not even doubt
I'll meet I AM
And become aware
My life didn't even leave a stain
There was so much unknown
The game was never fair
But in my favor
Call down the rain
Wash it all away

“It is sometimes an appropriate response
 to reality to go insane.”  Philip K. Dick