Thursday, October 5, 2023

The Mirror Knows the Truth

I do not miss all the people who used to say
 With the lie, be yourself and they'll love you
Because I've always been my worst enemy
Looking in my mirror, to a reflection of hate
Please don't debate me, I'll tell you this truth
The one who'd know is one living the reality
The years suck away my youth and the hope
The tragedies of life, losing love and health
As the subject of the investigation, I do know
There's nothing left to live for, but my death
Not long thereafter, a eulogy will be spoken
A world forgets, moving on to the next loss
The body is not forever, it becomes broken
But I'll be gone and I already paid the cost
Without one regret, for all that time spent
No regret for the lost years, for the failures
I've no future, no past, time has no meaning
I was a stain upon your eternal canvas
Never meant to endure, nor could I thrive
It was a wonder how I even survived