Monday, January 26, 2015

Just Meat?

"In order to exist, man must rebel, but rebellion must respect the limits that it discovers in itself - limits where minds meet, and in meeting, begin to exist."  Albert Camus


Despite my efforts
To hide myself
Behind a shield of shyness
Of curiosity and quiet
In a world of violence
I called out in the darkness
I heard no answer
I screamed for help
Reply was silence
I walked
Further into the void
My life was escaping
My ability to exist
Didn't matter
There was no kindness
There was no meaning
I didn't matter
Life was absurd
Insane
No use in believing
In anything
If all my labors
Are lost
In the haze and fog
Of the existence
My resistance 
To the hands of fate
To destiny's clutch
Only bred hate
In my hurting heart
Until I stopped to think
There was just this one thing 
If life was absurd
Without meaning
And I longed for meaning
It means I was born
Desiring 
Something greater
And I wonder
How that can be
If I was born
And will die
A pile of meat


Ecclesiastes 3:16  "Moreover, I saw under the sun that in the place of justice, even there was wickedness, and in the place of righteousness, even there was wickedness."