Sunday, November 23, 2014

Upon Avalon's Pristine Shore

I was appointed to guard him
His flesh was different
He was the king
My ship rode upon the stream
Of dreams of the king of Albion
And was lost when he was taken
Closed his eyes to sleep
Upon the bosom of Avalon
So violently parted this plane
With final combat with his bastard
Mordred and Arthur joined
Blood mixing by spear and thrust
First by sword the child
Excalibur ending one life
Mordred's Spear ending the life
Of an immortal being
How can the undying die?
I cannot take any more
My heart is broken
How can the keeper of the flame
Be taken away
The red dragon banner
Coiled in sorrow
Swords thrust into the grounds
In shame
For the loss
Gutted to the core
Arthur king of the Britons
And all of Camelot
Return to us
Or I will die laying
Upon Avalon's
Pristine Shore
Until you do