Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gear

“Smooth shapes are very rare in the wild but extremely important in the ivory tower and the factory.” Benoit Mandelbrot


Every moment we turn
We grind against the steel
And all there is
Is the sound of decay
Destruction
And horror
Reviled
Day by day
Consumed
By the toll of life
How much is left
To the ticking clock
Every second dances
Falls away lost to our hands



Azrael calls
We are fools
To ignore
We are ground
Into dust
But we go on
Until our lost
Are found
Until
The way is known
There is often so little hope
The cost is great
When we die
We are all nude
And gray
And cold

We are left with nothing
But leave knowing
There was something
Worth living for
Something to wait for
Before dying
We endure
For there is purpose
We live
For there is something
Righteous
In us
To find


Before we leave
Forever
Take my hand
I leave soon
But not before
I know
Before I find
What is righteous
In me


Gertrude Stein "There is no straight line in nature"