Tuesday, March 26, 2024

To live again

My heart has died many times
My spirit fled my flesh again
And then yet still again
But I see others suffering more
And I realize my privilege
To see another horizon
In my core I long to be truly alive
But my fears hold me down
Pinning me to the ground
I have to find a way to rise anew
With a spirit ready to flourish
But the pain and exhaustion
Make it my prison cell
A pathway to my hell
So I will stand and finally fight
To have a chance to find joy
I will work to make things right
And rescue from the deep
And return them to the shallow
All who wallow in the currents
The rising ocean tide
And the beating of our hearts
To the losing race against time
For we all die in the end, but how few live?

“The world is always dying and always coming back to life.
Tide and pulse, and with the turn of the tide a touch of mystery.”
                                                                            Henry Miller