Friday, December 15, 2023

Scott never learned

I was born wet from birth, with the curse of the original sin
We are all imperfect, hurting, wrapped in a fire of violence
There the cowardly bullies of my past had tried to hurt me
They'd no idea, they made me, with that pain used to control
They hit me, slapped me, called me an idiot, or a f*ckhead
With every punch, hardening my skin, forged it into steel
They wanted my heart, to turn it into something very dirty
They'd wanted my obedience, especially my obeisance
Wanting me to be someone bleeding, and pleading
Blacking out my soul with pain, torment and torture
They'd tried to replace my freedom to be, to believe
In retrospect, long ago in the past I see their lives
Imprisoned in their mind, or stone cold dead
I can't laugh at them, we're all made of flesh
Born imperfect, screaming for breath
I refused the demands, to be filled with a rage
Let their anger burn them out, alive in a fire
But will they ever change...
Hey Scott, ever quit those nasty habits?
Ever feel remorse for killing the kittens?
Did you ever graduate from a school?
Have you learned a trade in prison
Will you ever see freedom
After the drugs you sold
Killed an innocent
In an intentional overdose