Sunday, March 26, 2023

Trapped

What if there is nothing but pain and fear
If my flesh fades, and I'm found transfixing
Stare into the sun, and I'm bleeding tears
My soul disappears, my memories drifting
If the mirror cracks, my reflection isn't clear
I'm full of hubris, ignorant, I won't hear the call
If I'm trapped in the miry clay, will you lift me
Will you free me, releasing me from my fear
I'm unforgiven, drowning in an ocean of tears
God please let me be forgiven, before I fall
Before I die, and I lose it all

Psalm 40

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.