Monday, March 20, 2023

Bones Burning in the Abyss

Thrown down, my esteem is swirling into the void
My bones will be burning in the abyss, a nightmare
Here is an emptiness, pulls at the edges of my sanity
I'll scream into silence and then wait to be destroyed
My cloak of flesh and fabric of reality are ripping
I cannot flee, all paths lead into unknown, nowhere
Is there any comfort or hope, for I have only agony
My body heaves in exhaustion and I hear footsteps
Soon I see the first pursuers from the faceless horde
Can't scream, frozen in fear, this portent of oblivion
Life will soon be over, I've no choice but go forward
The broken world might endure, but I cannot, so I run
I screamed into silence, I'm made cold from the quiet
The world will come to an end, my fears overcome
There is light at the end of the tunnel, shining
I pull back the veil, revealing all that waits for me