Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Losses

My eldest brother and only sister died in 2022.  I was forced to face losing the my first hero, who defended me, and was my assistant in finding my way through childhood.  I wrote his obituary.  Which will be posted below.  I can't say we were as close in the end as we had been, but I definitely loved him, never forgot what he meant to me, and with a father who was rather openly a favoritist towards my brother over me, my brother made certain I was loved, defended, and not blamed for things my dad would've easily blamed me for doing, when I had not.

Losing my sister was different. Not for the power in losing her, it hurt every bit as much.  But just as I loved her and loved my eldest brother, I'd only met her in 2017, due to my DNA family searching for me and finding me.  And I adored her and enjoyed every communication, but I only met her in person once, and that was a visit that will never be forgotten. It burned in irony for me, since I hadn't searched for my DNA family, and they did, but I received more people to love me as a result. Her husband Steve is awesome, so I do consider him a brother and my DNA brother Nate and I took time to understand one another, but before losing Denise, I came to love and appreciate Nate very much. But losing Denise is a loss for me that I can never replace.

BRONS WELLS NESS (July 24, 1961 - December 30, 2022)

Friend, Son, Brother, Husband, Father, Grandfather

It is a truism that all who live will one day die. It isn’t unusual to lose those we love. But in losing Brons Ness many have felt the person lost was unique, bright, and generous with kindness and humor.  In the early 2000s, he’d had a couple heart attacks, but they did not seem to slow him down, not for long anyway.

He was born and after being adopted to first time parents, lived in Northeast Minneapolis. He gained a brother in 1963 also by adoption. The early days there were filled with play, sliding down the snow covered steps to the back yard, and he was always the Batman to his brother the Robin.

His family moved to a town in Wisconsin, Port Edwards, where his interests developed and grew in photography, basketball, band and other extracurricular activities. His family moved before his senior year and he graduated at Neillsville WI, High School in 1979.

He found different work, and activities, but finally settled at Gross Common Carrier, in Madison and LaCrosse. Then moved on to Tomah where he worked at Holland Truck. And he worked at New Lisbon Correctional Institution 2015-2022
 
In Tomah, he met and married Diane Doeslaere Ness and added to his life her children:
Drew Salvino (& Sarah Caito)
Arisa Colburn (& Shawn Verthein)

He has three granddaughters: Bristol, Aleiah and Finlei

Brons loved people and being active, group activities, and talking
He had a love of guns and teaching people how to shoot, gun safety being significant.
Member of Bear Bluff ATV/UTV club -we loved riding together!
He loved his 5 seat UTV, and he purchased it so that he'd be able to
fit all his precious granddaughters in for rides.

He was predeceased by his parents, and is survived in his adoptive family by his brother Alex Ness and wife Beth, and their son Jonathan Ness.  His loss will be felt by all, but there is hope in our hearts for the promises of our faith for the life in the beyond.