Thursday, August 8, 2019

Never lasted

Every sweet kiss, every mile I carried that weight 
In your mind it didn't help, never meant a thing
To you, I was a tiny insect, manifestly annoying
Preventing you from doing your important work
I don't begrudge you for this task, you never asked
I just believed love meant working together
You don't believe in forever
So then you are to be first
I am to be last
The facts fail to give me comfort
They cannot be read wrong
So no matter how much I try
No matter what I do
In the end you'll be gone
We lived a lifetime of today
But didn't find our way
To enter in tomorrow
My life will go on
Trying to overcome
My love you are my deepest sorrow
I have loved you for such a long time
How should I have known
My time was wasted
On a love that never endured
I hope you achieve the fame you deserve
While I fade
Alone
Obscure