Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Selfish Love

To truly love another
Requires bravery and hope
To know love, to truly know
One must be willing to be hurt
Brave, even reckless
Because if love isn't requited
It hurts far more
Than ever being willing to grow
Love is wonderful
When there is reply
Love is cancer
When the answer is no
When the honest question
Is rejected



I understand that solipsism is based upon a deeply selfish look at the world and that is understandable, if also infantile.  Everyone I think begins with that p.o.v.  I do however, think some selfishness is healthy.  One can be taken advantage of, if they do not protect their ego from vultures.  But I also know that I believe in God deeper because I know that I am unable to imagine an afterlife, as in paradise or hell, in terms that equal what I've read to describe those places.  I.E. I believe because my views on various things, beauty or horror, that are obviously small compared to what I believe is reality.   And I know, when my wife walked down the aisle at our wedding, I never saw someone so beautiful.  I know when my son popped out of my wife, I never loved someone so deeply as I did towards him.  I have aspects of my character that I know are more than my reach, and so I understand that there is more than what I can imagine, more than what I feel, and simply, more than I know.