Saturday, August 11, 2018

My soul pants for you

My soul pants for you
To be loved by one so
Electric, eloquent
Soft and beautiful
I feel fire where you touched
It must be the residue
Of touching your form
So gentle, so elegant
One such as I
Should never dirty your physique
By contact
But I know you
And have always
I waited all my life for this moment
And cannot express the depths of joy
To my creator
I have been offered salvation
And by that I am filled
With deepest gratitude
For you,  you are the one sent
In answer to my prayer
Of my longing to be complete
Found in the love of another
Where only love may approach
You are my destination
My sole reprieve from damnation
And you are a gift sent
My compact sealed
To redeem my pain and solve my fear
To remove the vacuum that tormented me
And let me heal