Tuesday, October 3, 2017

My love, I have no secrets to keep

I've no secrets to keep
I've no dreams in my sleep
I've been so lost
In thoughts of time
And my memories burn so deep

I knew the present couldn't
Wouldn't last
I looked at our shared past
And become
So
So shaken
Trapped within the reaches

So many things that I've done
That have caused all that I love
To now come undone
And with that
What about our love
What about our future
Where does it go

I am not the one
To change anything
The past is burnt in place
Looking back makes me understand
It isn't the past we need to chase
It is the future
And now
And you are my hope
My dream
All I love
All I want
Forever amen


May she say to me...
Song of Solomon 1:2
"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth, for your love is more delightful than wine."