Monday, February 8, 2016

My Lady of Sorrow

If you allow me
To pull back
The gossamer thin veil
You call your soul
I will try and not fail
To see the dreams
You never had
And cry the tears
You've never shed
I grieve the children
You have mourned
Who you never met
Because life wasn't kind
When one day he left
The future never happened
The children remained
Only as dreams
Leaving your soul
Bereft

I can't make it better
From this place
I can't hold you tightly
But I can cry
And dream while you sleep
Hold you in my heart
Make certain to guard
All the secrets
That you keep
If you allow me
I will cover you
With your veil
And pass

Mourning your sadness
But dreaming you
Into hope
Into something that may last
I pray you heal
I pray your heart no longer mourns
I cannot change the past
But I can paint your future
Upon a canvas
Of hope
I can
And I dream of you
Dream of you
Dream of you