Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hollowed by the Pain



I loved a Princess
Her golden hair and perfect eyes
Called me from my slumber
From my dreams
For here she was, so golden and perfect
And I was there, so tired and burdened
I could not lift a hand to call to her
She called me with her voice
Again and again
But I could not reply
It was not a choice
It was a debt of honor one makes
To carry a banner of the queen
To so is a privilege not a curse
To desire another would not do
And to leave would make things worse
I burn in the memory of that debt
For it can not be paid
And I am filled with regret
Forever since
My heart wounded
And the ravens call me
Through the cold rain
For my soul died a little
And they see through
My being
For I am hollowed from the pain