Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

When 2008 JL3 Strikes

I saw fire travel across the night
Not a falling star, it was worse
It was followed by an explosion 
The world around me then shook
As the ashes still poured like rain
Coming from the firestorm's rage
Now is silence, I've become alone
We forever lost every present day
Now I know our past is forgotten 
Future is gone, all dreams fallen
No more worry, nothing remains
As I look to the still burning sky
I think that I'm the sole survivor
When I die, unburied, no elegies
Our species will then be extinct
All our ideas, paintings, science
Our buildings, songs, and beliefs
Continuing to burn, as ashes fall
The few survivors tried to endure
As pestilence and plagues tolled
I saw nothing able to live, but me
My broken body somehow lived
No war nor greed, only asteroid
Are there others alive, where?
Who will rise to replace us all
Or will there be no one left

"Power, like a desolating  pestilence, pollutes 
whatever it touches."
  Percy Bysshe Shelley


Research finding the possible widow-maker asteroid found 
with help from Google Gemini and I give thanks to them.