In slaughter of battle all true warriors are found
Bearing witness to the killing as some celebrate
Proof of their industry and expertise, holy ground
Heroism found on either side, not touched by fate
Warriors, war is not a test, nor machine of policy
A bestial dance of violence, immune to prophecy
The end is coming, dreams of warriors are unkind
This world is not enough, we are limited, by time
Speaking to our flesh, hurry, we've nothing more
As warriors surrender their will, dying by choice
The wars of our living days must thin the numbers
The few survivors will still raise their weak voice
Offering to the creator, their life, and only praise
Longing for Heaven's wonder, to him I pray
I'm unlike the others, long to know my creator
Here is our king, I long to now meet his gaze
Knowing he's always been waiting and true
His ways are not secret, his offerings proof
