Friday, February 23, 2024

Free!

As a child of rape, I could easily be seen as a stain
But my life has meaning, I was allowed to reclaim
Time, as an adult to embrace differences from you
I'm not forced to accept my beginnings, a life new
My turn to choose my path, unafraid of the wrath
I'll take that new path ahead, full of pain and joy
Without fear, I stared death in the eye, and won
My future offers much, rest of my life is begun
With no more cancer, no more fear
And no tears, only more time
More hours, seconds, even years
And that, with love, is enough

Thank you for your support
Beth Ness, Jonathan Ness
Katya, Sophie, Isabella
Dr Teresa Wrobbel
Erik, Mike, Mike, David & Bryan
All of my best friends
All of my friends
and To my mentors
My life teachers, parents
And God who ordained it all