Friday, February 2, 2018

Why I Ride

I am thought a curse
Across humanity
Fear and sorrow
The legacy
I ride the pale horse
What I do
Is not a function of morality
Rather I am the servant of time
I was created by the maker
The machine of time is cruel
I do not love what I do
I am neither malicious nor kind
I simply follow the rules
Set forth by the creator
Beauty, Greed, Power are the children
Of vanity
The humans who long for them are fools
They worship self
Enter into a pact
With idolatry
They celebrate their own insanity
Thinking they shall never die
But just as one lives
They should realize
Everything that begins ends
No I am not adored
I am, however, unable to be ignored
I am not boastful
I do not suffer conceit
Swiftly my scythe will fall
For death does not equivocate
Death is not a punishment
It is the reward
I am honest
Whether your life was fulfilling
Or if it were incomplete
I am never late
I offer no apology