Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Stare at the Sun

If we stare at the sun, strangely we will be blinded
Staring at the darkness, are we blessed with light?
In ironies of existence, scattered about experience
Do we have the wisdom to just perceive, or believe
We are more than flesh mounds, but thinking beings
How long must we pursue truth, live for the fight
I was blinded before birth, by my horrible origins
It took life to show me light, through the darkness
And now, with less life remaining, than I've lived
I've had to learn to give up those grudges, forgive
If not you turn the waters of life bitter, give it back
Or things that exalt your being, are lost regardless

Friedrich Nietzsche: I say unto you: one must still have chaos in oneself to be able
to give birth to a dancing star. I say unto you: you still have chaos in  yourselves.