Thursday, December 14, 2017

Ready and waiting for the harvest

For a long time
I wondered why I care
I spent the better part
Of five decades
Wondering why I failed
Wondered where
I could find a heart
Like mine
Not in any way athletic
Possessing no talents
Rejected by two fathers
Given up by one mother
Despised beyond casual dislike
Hated beyond my ability to despair
I chose to resist
What I do in this life
Follows me
Through out eternity
What I do for others
Helps them find the way
To that same place
Elysium awaits
It waits and destiny
Is a cloak
That covers
To shield the arrows
And shame
Away
This life is far too much
I've had enough
So I wait
Wait
To see the fields of wheat
Drawn through my hand
I see the golden sunrise
The gentle wind
And know
The day will be good
For the harvest
It is reaped
Every day