Tuesday, December 16, 2014

In My Father's Castle

I sipped from the goblet
That held the wine of life
It was glorious
The taste of the vintage
Of the grapes of the vine
Grown especially for this day
Never again would it be known
This taste
Nor would I know
Another like it
I drank without shame
For in my father's castle
There was only splendor
There was no fear of want
There was never a day of need
In my father's castle
There was only knowledge of perfection
The walls were built with excellence
Every stone laid with precision
Every corner a perfectly fit
The riders from the horizon
Could see the towers
From the towers the banners rippled
In the winds
The banners drew from every countryman
Pride and love
For our father was a good king
And he loved us and provided
In every way imaginable
Some mock our loyalty
Some say we are not free
They are wrong however
We have the greatest freedom
We chose to be loyal
We chose to be in service
In return we are given
All that we need
All that we want
And more
We are part of the legends
Greater than our own lives
We become part of a story
Woven of steel
And we are part of a legacy
Rich in truth, and lore