Monday, January 6, 2014

A Short explaination

I was asked about the meaning of some poems of mine about love, and lost love.   I am a poet, and I use the hurt and joys of my life to inform my work.   I am not speaking as me, Alex Ness, when I write about lost love, and perhaps not always writing as me, Alex Ness, when I write about someone I love.    The voice is that of the speaker of the work.

So for those keeping score:
I am in love with my wife Beth, and she is my only love, romantically speaking.

If you read that I've a broken heart, I might have one, or it might be fiction.   It isn't a good idea to explain every poem, because in the end, the universal emotions I express become limited should I explain them.

For the record also:
I love my son, more than anything in the world.
My two cats are angels in the guise of animals.

I have no money.  No one buys my work.
But I am rich for the love in my life.

The end.