Wednesday, August 18, 2021

To you, Lady Darkness

May this gift I present to you
Be memorable and welcome
May it be long lasting
I offer you this black rose
Not because I love you
Because I do not
It was not that I chose
It was because of you
For what you've wrought
Tempting me with passion
Crushing me thereafter
With lust fueled hate
For the man I am
Is colored by choices
All made with honor
My motives come also from reason
For this world that I believe in
And thoughts I might have
For whatever I do
In whatever fashion
Fails
So take this as a gift
From the depths of my being
I do not care for a reply
I am unable to linger
In your throne room
Surrounded by the sycophants and idiots
Who dared not lift a finger
To be honorable
To offer truth
Instead they figured
As a great help in my destruction
Your cold heart towards me is proof