Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Shiver

Even as my flesh shivers in the cold
The sun in the sky is high and bright
The day cannot be more illuminated
This body is aging and wounded, old
Called from somnolence into light
A deeper life takes over, complicated
Your love blooms inside my heart
But the night was so long
And my hope was gone
I try to wake from a sleep
A winter long set of dreams
And I can't do it
My spirit wanes
I can't take it
And I long to enter solemnity
A place much like eternity
But I haven't the divinity
To make it through
All I can do
Is endure
I cloak myself in a winter veil
And by sleeping I can't fail
For dreams live
Apart from the mind they linger in
Your love is pure
But I am so cold and tired
I need to retire
And end this quest
Take one last breath
Before dying to my flesh
And finally setting my self free
The mist is white and soft
And my breath hovers in the air
I sleep the sleep of heroes
In the veil I weave
And I shiver
Shiver
Shiver