Thursday, August 26, 2021

The Dream That Repeats

Exhausted as always
My life is sucked out
Emptied from my lungs
Extinguished like a match
And I can't scream
I can't draw back the breath
I can't go on, not again
For the insanity remains
And I can see them
As they laugh in my face
Going stir crazy in this place
Dying by the inches in the swell
The waves crashing of the tide
Stealing me from embrace
Making my existence one of hell
There's nothing wrong if I cry
What's wrong if I wanted a taste
Before I passed and had to tell
Because I would never have lied
Trapped in indecision and weakness
I'm crying in the face of the wind
That keeps saying I should leap
Humanity's decay becomes ceaseless
There's naught promised
But the darkness, and oblivion
As the hungry harvester reaps
And then it all falls from view
The shining light pours through
And there is the scene
All waiting for Jesus to return
And when he comes
My life will fail all criterion
I should've never woke from sleep
For in that place I might dream
And find there, comforts
And find there, hope
And never abandon it
Until I rise to the surface
At last to finally breath
Secrets never keep there
For they're not allowed
Every word I muster
Chokes out bleeding
My throat closes
And then I wake
Again, again, again
Oh God not again