Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Fleeing Disaster

Alone, and cold in fear and grieving
There is a place lost to time, unnamed
Ill considered, a fine civilization fell
Like seeds, the survivors were spread
In the wind, across the globe, in terror
I find myself in that hateful place
I dare not reveal my mind
Someday I'll find a home
Where I might happily dwell
Here I'm alone, screaming
From the sorrow of solitude
And historic events and memories
A tragic scene, neither holy nor serene
Hidden from view, I rot from within
For I have created a personal Hell
And here is where the devil is me
The devil torments just my being
But that won't matter
I am made of eternal things
No one else exists in his mind
Broken apart from the schemes
I create when alone in thought
Pain has broken me, broken me wholly
I can't bear the weight nor any burden
There is nothing left but a shell
Remains of any sympathy scatters
My symphony of greatness in tatters
I should go now, I'll certainly be back
This devil has his own stories to tell

“What looked like morning was the beginning of endless night”  William Peter Blatty

Pandemonium by John Martin