Sunday, August 1, 2021

Messiah Or Not


Small town comfort and silent screams of boredom
Velocity reached long ago, hate breeds each orphan
No reason to leave, when there is nothing left to do
No reason to think when you believe nothing's true
Each life's a tragedy, but no, you don't want to know
Remember in every story one will win, one will lose
And no one knows, in the future comedy beginning
If you're the joker, or the hero about they'll all sing
Who will I be, why does it matter, will I be the one
Or is the world waiting for another chosen son

What I really need is to get clear about what I must do, not what I must know,
except insofar as knowledge must precede every act. What matters is to find
a purpose, to see what it really is that God wills that I shall do; the crucial
thing is to find a truth which is truth for me, to find the idea for which
I am willing to live and die.   Søren Kierkegaard