Monday, August 30, 2021

Awakened to the danger

I was called from my slumber
Becoming awakened to the danger
Where in the sky the wyrm flies
There now, witness our enemy
Aloft, high above the horizon
Amidst black clouds and thunder
Lightning is its form of attack
The skin of the beast
Awash in acid dripping
Every scale of the hide
Two hands thick
Sharp teeth and breath
The hide black in color
I must act now, not be late
I'm a defender, ready to die
I must respond, I am called
I fight with the sacred lance
There's no other way to be
But to forever be ready
It cannot be left to chance
With no reward for bravery
Since to die in battle is not rash
It is a choice to defend the whole
Of mankind, civilized or untamed
My death or victory a gift
It'd be similar to the sacrifice
Of our holy Lord who died
I wear his symbol with pride
Upon my shield and breast plate