Monday, August 16, 2021

Truth or Lies

They tell us certain things exist but are hidden
And that our efforts to find them are forbidden
How do we know if we've been denied a view
Is there evidence revealing what's behind the veil
They used to say that alien life couldn't be real
And upon their word, they expect us to believe
The briar patch of secrets is immutably opaque
With no way to know if anything is real or fake
If you can't believe what your own eyes tell you
How will you ever believe if anything is true
I've an answer to all of them, I understand
I believe inside my heart, I make my stand
I just believe in the light, it illuminates truth
For that I need no proof, I am able to believe
Finally, if all agree, or everything proven
Doesn't matter, for I will be redeemed
By the fact that I am content with my mind
The truth needs only belief, not approval

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT