Sunday, August 15, 2021

The Torture Bed

Laying in my bed, punching pillows, can't sleep a bit
Don't ask why I'm in torment, you are the reason
Saying you love me, when you don't and never did
My life's story a tale of failure and yours is treason
I've been here before, I can finally and honestly say
I won't be here again, I refuse to let the hurt show
You pretend to love, but you don't
Like a lightning strike you betray
From the bottom of my heart I say
I know it is time for you to go
Leave me now, never return
God help me, I've had enough
You might call or write about your love
With but poisoned words and toxic touch
So leave me forever, please
I don't care if you bother to cry
Leave me now,
You can mourn us when I die
It wasn't love, it was a joke
Your love an enormous lie
Leave, never come back
And never ask me why
Over, before it ever began
It is over, my line in the sand