Tuesday, November 9, 2021

We are the same

We live for the illusion that we matter
We live to be different and even unique
We shall come to be known by a number
And the illusion of separation will shatter
We might as well be clones
We might as well be meat
Soon we'll be bred, not born
As utility and destiny meet
So computers will do our thinking
And clones will be created for organs
And we'll live forever
Never caring, never knowing
For we'll ignore the pain with pills
Free from mind control
We'll fly across the sky in our minds
We'll get surgery for the fun
We'll be grinding out existence
As flesh without a soul
Give me pleasure, give me ignorance
Give me leisure, give me indifference
The suffering of others means nothing
Just give me pleasure, I don't need empathy
I have destiny and I am immortal