Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Castrated Rant

If I screamed, you'd say you couldn't hear me
If I died, you'd say that it's not in your interest
To give all of your time just to say goodbye
You tried for years to make everyone fear me
Declaring with every lie that you were witness
To the things I did for which I should now die
I've lived a life without regret, without pretense
I never wore the masquerade in your fool parade
I'm now trapped in the room with padded walls
I can finally sleep, without you calling my name
I'm in isolation, you know it's a form of damnation
As your judgment seals my soul, I gave you control
So do whatever you want, maybe try castration
Or slit my throat, perform an artery ablation
Just do it, take your shot, I am exhausted


“What can an eternity of damnation matter to
someone who has felt, if only for a second,
the infinity of delight?”  Charles Baudelaire