Wednesday, November 24, 2021

What You Did and What You Left Undone

It keeps going through my mind
What you did last December
I cannot stop thinking about it
Your suicide
I am not going through that
Not ever, not again
You never leave my diseased thoughts
No matter how I try
Neither can I deny
The black period I am in
I scream silently
But I can never let the pain out
I remember what you did to me
I was destroyed back then
I loved you as my kin
I bore your scars within
A heart was broken into halves
My soul poured out
Bleeding black from the sorrow
Being spat out as vile
The resolution of all my doubts
Why you left I cannot say
But you did a bad job
You only killed yourself
My aim is steady
I remain to be slain
I'm waiting
God knows how I am ready

“It would have been so pointless to kill himself that,
even if he had wanted to, the pointlessness would
have made him unable.”  Franz Kafka