Saturday, November 6, 2021

Dark Tales

Words are meaningless compared to facts
If I believed you, you'd be with me forever
I was broken, forsaken, this is madness
When you first tasted my misery, you fled
Loving me would result in hate towards me
Not only did you lie, about being with him
Refusing to see the proof of your treachery
You chose to act as if I were dead
So you two go and be together
I've always been alone in this world
Even when I was in a room with you
This world existence
This place in the universe
Chooses to comfort with malice
Seeking to eradicate the curse
I'll have to see when reality happens
When dead and alone, but content
Choosing my own misery instead
I have a feeling you won't meet me there
Surely, you doubt forever even exists
Your view on love is that it is a tryst
A moment, a spark, an event forgotten
I'm skeptical but still wouldn't say no
Because even now I still sustain hope
Hope isn't always fulfilled, no it isn't
We all know hope can kill
And hope can be a prison
If it is pleasant, also limited
To the reaches of your mind
The prison sentence isn't time
It is the lack of love you find
In the darkness of life