Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Not perfect but I believe

You've asked me why I'm broken
Why is it that I bleed?
I've never been the chosen one
And my life is full of need
Where is my joy?
Why am I not properly happy?
You asked if my prayers are properly spoken
And if I believe
My friend you don't understand
Not even the first thing
You're not a believer because you're perfect
You aren't going enter Heaven by your works
You don't win points for regret
I believe and in my mind I am satisfied
I believe my savior died for my sins
And by his act I was forgiven
He returned and will return again
The point isn't winning
It is how my faith influences my behavior
It should reflect upon how I am living
The point is not that the church is perfect
Nor are her people
Church is a triage for the wounded
And I know this in my own path
For it is by his stripes that I was healed
I believe, I do
I am a sinner that is full on truth
But if I'm a failure I still try
Perfection isn't the deal
The point is that I've repented
I believe and that's enough for me
No not perfection, not regret,
Only salvation
And not by any works of my own hand
I cannot achieve salvation
It is an act of mercy and grace
Offered for those who believe
And live their faith