Sunday, November 14, 2021

In Your Moment of Weakness

In a moment of weakness, I am sure
You asked for my help, to endure
The pain of your life had cost
And your hopes were lost
But when you healed, you then left
You left me wounded, and bereft
There was a time, so long ago
When I'd have known
Never become the one who stays
For the person who never has
To be the one who loves them
For one who won't take that chance
I've got nothing inside me still
You went away, you were fulfilled
I have nothing remaining like hope
All you gave me was a noose rope
You said so sweetly, Hey
Why don't you swing in the wind
Like the dead man you are
Good guys never win
So you have good company
Wherever you are
And you know
I've really nothing that I can say
You said it all every word
And every way
When you left that day
Taking all I had with you
To use another day
For another man
The next in line
With joy inside
Your hand in his hand
Together