Thursday, November 25, 2021

Even if I am Martyred

Preparing myself for battle
I say a prayer to my Lord, my God
Giving my life a moment to pause
Quieting my inner voice, for a cause
With weapons in hand and courage in my soul
I move forward against the ancient beast
A crimson dragon, a fire breathing wyrm
Though it could slay me, I am ready to fight
For a century it has reigned over the land
By using terror the folk are enslaved by fear
Giving this wyrm control is a dangerous choice
With battle, risk and daring, I challenge it
In its own lair, silent, no noise, I approach
Breathing fire, and flourish it seeks to destroy
I am but a man, but my armor is magical
My war against the wyrm is proof
That a man with faith can risk death
Against one so vile, it draws fire in the breath
It begins using claws and teeth, but I am ready
Tonight his reign will end, replaced by truth
That no one should be made to be a slave
I am prepared in my heart, even if I'm martyred
I must live with risk, not shirk from a chance
That I might die in battle, against a dragon
For I am bearing a holy lance
I am duty bound to free the slaves
For I also bear a holy sword
These are perhaps my last words
I offer my life in sacrifice
To free those enslaved
To end the reign of terror
I will give battle
Against a beast of rage