Thursday, November 25, 2021

Angry, Yeah, I am in a Mood

I waited to see if you'd notice
Twisting quietly in the murk
You've never bothered to know
Who I am
You didn't even know my name
Or my being
The cause of all of my shame
You never knew the day I was born
I'm supposed to care, for what?
Someone who only showed me scorn
Do you even care what I think?
You know I know, right
No holding hands
No walks in the park
You've given me scars
You refused to let me wish
Not even upon falling stars
You never saw them
You've focused upon yourself
Couldn't take your eyes off the reflection
In the water
A surface, like a mirror
The black and silver pond
Perfect for your focus
Transfixed, so very fond of you
It is all you ever knew to do
So don't let me stop you
Let me light my Lucky Strike
Let me pour myself a drink
Let me watch
As you write about your love
Go on and on
Please go ahead
Write all about yourself
With all your precious ink