Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Turned to Dust

Broken stones form the rubble, before the ruins
Of the crumbled church, and iron rusted gates
The rain never stops, and the past is shattered
Like memories, they are kept in solemn tombs
The edge of tomorrow's fall calls, don't be late
Or you will lose everything that ever mattered
Run for your lives, for the end is coming soon
Every choice you make, the foe will retaliate
While various "friends" use their dagger
Stabbing you, makes you need to choose
All resistance to fear is overcome
Do I trust or forgive, no, I want the truth
I can play dead, as I await the real one
I spent this life, never being touched
And I've spent my life, without love
The flesh falls from bone, turned gray
As I watch from a distance, all fades
The remnant ash carried on wind
As all that lives is turned to dust
Lacking of form, nothing left
No hope, no humor, and no trust
All becomes a confluence
Of ashes gathered, then falls
Like a deadly rain