Wednesday, December 23, 2020

What The Orchard Grows

In the orchards of humanity
I walked, and felt fear
There anxiety grows
Without water
Without urging
I walked upon the graves
The many graves of dream
I walked where there's no hope
In the gardens of failure
I found there
Nightmare and sin
I saw what grew easily
I saw what passes for good
I asked what it did within
Did it passively grow
Or did it thrive
How did it allow me to survive
And then I realized I blame others
For what they could not do
When the same absence was in me
Why do I blame you
For what is my own tragedy
In the orchards, you can see
All the false dreams, failed plans
You can see what grows there
All planted
All cultivated
By my own hand
And now I understand
It is me
I am to blame
It is tallied somewhere
Beneath my own hated name