Thursday, December 31, 2020

Buck


Wearing rockets upon their backs
Flying across the galaxy's realms
Using diplomacy when needed
Yet with weapons for any attack
Woven flexible armor and helm
Savage beasts couldn't defeat them
Our hero recreates his view of good
With every land needing pacification
Every leader now needing to conform
Galaxy churning in rebellion, a flood
Before the arrival there was order
Laws were defined by warlord dictate
But Earthmen would now change it all
Raising the alarm, answering the call

"As a youngster, I read of Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. As a student, I wrote English reports on science fiction. And as a fighter pilot, I observed the selection of the Mercury astronauts. All this was fascinating, but I really didn't think I would ever be a part of it. It was only when my good friend Ed White was selected as a Gemini astronaut that I decided to join NASA as part of the Apollo program."  Buzz Aldrin