Tuesday, December 1, 2020

I should be ashamed

If you were just lonely I'd understand
But I remember you said go away
I'd understand that you thought I was cruel
But then you said
It was I who should be ashamed
For caring long after what we had had died
Your heart hurts and I know it seems like pain
But I remember too
You said I should consider suicide
So I can't decide
When I left finally, you smiled
Saying you'll never again call my name
But you did
I don't know what to do
Because you said you hated me
And what happened was up to you
And you said go
So I did
And nothing remains
But you calling out
Renewed all my doubt
Because I tried
And everything we did together
Has been erased
Forever
Not going to make a scene
I'll just leave
Again
I never want to see your face
Or feel another embrace