Sunday, December 13, 2020

Forsaken future

The future is built upon the past
Fires are burning in the last city
And they will never be able to stop
This city, this utopia was our final dream
All of the other dreamers are gone
Yes, I was the last
I thought a future beckoned
Beautiful, civil, kind
My vision were mistaken
And for this I was crippled
I had committed blasphemy
Lived in the center of entropy
Where nothing was waiting
Standing amidst absolute black
Ignored, hated, silenced, attacked
I was told my views were insane
That I was a fool
Irresponsible, betraying
Told from the first to be quiet
My world was one of pain
They then sent me away
I was the forsaken
My flesh permanently broken
My mind afire with pain
Taken far from home
I learned that there is no safety
Far from their truth I remained
I was called a thief
Of time, of dreams
Of hope, of sleep
Here I stand waiting
There might be nothing coming
But I have faith, believe in hope
And loving
Even if darkness covers all
Even if the truth is unpleasant
We have choices to make
Our pain can only slow us down
It can't stop anything