Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Let me sleep, I can't heal to save myself

If I should die, will I be reborn
Will I be torn into pieces
Without you
My shame reflects the scorn
In their eyes
I can't wear a disguise
Never mask the actions
Of my hand that cost me
Everything
There is no peace
If I move forward
Will I still exist
In this world
Upon the end of the rope
I'll twist in the wind
So ask me, just ask
Shall I share with you
The nightmare I created
For I know that
You will weaken me
Divide and dissect my flesh
There is nothing but regret
Your tears are perfect
Being pulled below
The surface shows no ripple
For I am broken now
Mentally deceived
Your love left me crippled
Left me in relentless pain
Torment and momentum
Can't stop the fall
There is no reason only treason
If I should die
I'll find a quiet place to finally hide
My mind has wounds
My flesh is broken
Hope seems to be a lie
I know you can't come inside
Not to heal me, I know
You don't need me, I can't be healed
But I need to see you, even if I am blind
I need to see you, just to close my eyes