Monday, September 27, 2021

Running does not help

Some dream of glorious things
But I keep finding myself lost
In the emptied middle of a field
And there is nothing there
Thick with old corn stalks
Unharvested, dry and dead
I sleep and that horror follows
Stealing everything I love
My eyes bleed black
My soul turned hollow
And my dreams are lost
In a field of nightmare
I am trapped in dreams of red
In all of my waking state
It hunts my flesh silently
It predicts my dark fate
I choose nothing instead
Anxiety is my companion
Insanity is more loyal compared
My life has been ruled by fear
How it rules is quite unfair
And it grows ever more near
I cannot escape to save me
I can do nothing but fade
I cannot exist passively
I have become insane
And there is nothing I can do
There's nothing I can say
I must acknowledge the truth
All I do is lost as sorrow dictates
I have to flee for my safety
But it will do no good
At least I can lie bravely
As I flee my flesh will live
Even as my spirit flies
Into oblivion