Saturday, September 4, 2021

Jaded and Twisted

Making one's self vulnerable
Akin to dying, or for sacrifice
Please never ask me
To give you hope
To say what I think
Nor ask to share my being
I don't offer myself up to you
Because I don't believe
I don't worry about pain
I live for deceit
But don't judge me
There's no hint you're true
And if I don't believe
I can't let it be
If I don't trust
I will never see
All those things you do
Nothing gives me a clue
As to your perspective and view
I refuse to surrender to addiction
Or become jaded and tossed
To live with a view askew
Never feeds the need
A junkie's affliction
There is nothing in that
For him or for me
I have a prediction
We are all going to die
Without being redeemed
We are going to be lost
Entering a system so bad
None can pay the cost