Tuesday, September 28, 2021

In Darkness She Will Rise

With the loss of my love
My flesh had faded to gray
My one and only, passed
Across the barrier of twilight
She is eternal but had she left me
Disappeared, gone
Upon my knees, I'd pray
As if all things on earth
Depended solely upon it
My body dies by the second
And my life decays
So much wrong in living
Without you near me
Forever I'll long
I can't hope upon nothing
As my soul is admonished
My love I'll never leave
Your lips still have a taste
In my memory is the ecstasy
It knows nothing
Of a love gone
But never wrong
I was in sorrow transfixed
Your beauty a sight to astonish
When my heart stirred, moved
I see you there, as your form rises
With the fall of night's darkness
You've returned, from the other side
I am alive inside, my life can end
For you are here to take me with you
I'll gladly leap into the grave
To be with you
For my love transcends
Forever amen